Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

Yesterday, for the 4th of July a bunch of families from church went to the beach for the day. We had a blast swimming, throwing the football, playing paddleball, eating and just being together. More than 40 of us went! My family was there from 9:30 to 4:00 and we have red skin to prove it! Then we all went to the Dowling's for the evening. They had a bonfire and s'mores, we played ping pong and sang songs around the fire and watched fireworks. It was a fun day! Here are some pictures at the Dowling's.

Dad and Chad - Check out Dad's red legs! and if you zoom in you can see the faux hawk I did on him after he got out of the shower. He didn't really like it but all the kids kept commenting on it. I thought he looked adorable!




Uncle Lyle heading up the fireworks.




I had to post these hydrangeas that are growing in the back yard. I noticed them when I was mowing the lawn today and remembered back to when my mom and I planted them. Us kids had gotten her a pot of Hydrangeas for mother's day three years ago. I looked them up on the internet to see if they could live if you planted them. I found out that this type was only supposed to last for one season in the pot. Well you know me and Mom... we went ahead and tried it anyway! They have been growing great and get fuller every summer!

This weekend we are going to Revive at JMU. It's a conference for Sovereign Grace Churches in the VA area. We leave tomorrow morning so when we get back I'll post all the pictures. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Billie said...

I was so happy to see some new photos on your blog. I hope the Dowlings have a bon-fire when I come up there. It looked so fun. Love you guys. A. Jen call me later.

Jane said...

Again,
TEARS
TEARS
AND MORE TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell people aunt fran say's
LISTEN TO COUNSEL!!