Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Revive 2007

Here's a slide show of the pictures from Revive. We had a blast! The messages and worship were awesome. Hanging out and fellowshipping was also a highlight. We're so glad Celebration is back!
Probably the most provoking message was Brent Detwiler's on the last night. It was about denying yourself and taking up your cross. He explained how taking up your cross is in things as little as putting away something that isn't yours, or making your bed. He didn't just say "It's good to take up your cross," He brought it down to real, everyday life. Mr. Detwiler also told us that embracing your cross is hard and painful. It was encouraging to know that we are not alone in our struggle!
I pray that here in the Smith Home we will joyfully carry our crosses to the end!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mag great job on the video,what a great way to capture the whole weekend. I love to learn how to do that, maybe you could show me sometime aftet the wedding....I don't think we could squeeze another thing in before the wedding do you? Love YOU A Lin

Billie said...

I loved the slide show. My favorites were Uncle Joe and all his silly smiles and craziness. Can't wait to see you all in a few days. love you

Sara said...

GREAT PICTURES GIRLS! WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU. CAN'T WAIT TILL THE WEDDING AND WE CAN MAKE GREAT MEMORIES. MISS YOU AND SEE YOU NEXT WEEK...MAYBE!

SARA

Diane said...

Jenny,

I hear you are sneaking around blogland keeping up with the ole Shaw clan!

Kate Van said...

nice shinie blue shorts uncle joe! this makes me wish we were in your dorms!

Jane said...

Great Job Mag!!!!
I love everything you showed and look forward to more on thid conference. Please give me more on Brent's message. I need this at this very moment in my life. This is the Sin thing the lord has been dealing with me on..Feeling like i deserve more because of ALL I do Ha-ha..
How sad my sin can be..
I love you all and look so forward to seeing you all A. Fran

The Smith Family said...

Aunt Jane,
We rode by April's the other day and it made me miss you! I can't wait to see you in two weeks. I'll be praying for you! When you come we'll get the message for you.
Mag

Reaghan said...

hey maggie,
i saw your blog, you've done a great job! i love all of your pictures!
see ya at church
~Reaghan

Anonymous said...

Jane, check out our blog I think I did a mini-overview of Brents message...Maybe that was the one you were wanting from Mag. Lin

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane S.! Great to hear from you. Yes, I have been blurking your site and love being able to get a little peak into your world! You and Fred are the ones that never age..and I love your "boyfriend" t-shirt!! Will you be coming our way for the 20th Anniversary in October?
Jenny