Sunday, June 10, 2007

Happy 20th Birthday Maggie!



Our sweet Mag is 20 today! Wow, the time has flown by so very quickly. Seems like just yesterday she was a bald headed little baby girl who never made a peep! To see the beautiful, Godly, kind, young woman she has become certainly brings much joy to Joe and I (Joe was brought to tears last night pondering these thoughts!). We are very proud of many things Maggie has accomplished: academic successes through high school, her first two semesters on the deans list at VWC while playing basketball on the women's team, her artistic talent, her beautiful voice, her flare for decorating, love of cooking, her servant's heart, and this list could go on and on...but more than all of this, we are grateful to God for her love for the Savior and her passion for the Gospel. This past year at college Maggie has made many wonderful friends all the while reminding herself that what matters most are their souls for eternity. She has been loving and kind and has invited many kids to our home and to church. She has been willing to put aside the desire to be seen as cool and shared her faith openly (she even did a speech on what the Gospel is!). She is the first to admit that this is only possible by the power of the Holy Spirit in her life, but her willingness to obey God is to be commended. Maggie didn't get a ton of playing time this year on the b-ball court, but she received two awards, most improved player, and the Coach's award. She received this award because her coach felt she is a hard worker and a "good person" who makes those around her better because of who she is (that's a paraphrase). That sums up what I (mom) truly feel about my little girl. A mom is supposed to be the one setting the example but Mag has been an amazing example to me of selflessness, cheerfulness, and Godliness.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS WITH MUCH LOVE!!

12 comments:

natebauers said...

Dear Bub,
Hope you have a great day. Thanks for your example to me, and for your love and passion for our Savior. You are an example to the me.
Thanks for your faith in God and in His plan for your life. Love you lots Mag.
-N Dale
ps...too bad we're related. : )

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAG! I ECHO EVERYTHING YOUR MOM SAID AND COUNT IT A JOY TO BE ABLE TO WATCH YOUR LIFE GLORIFY GOD IN ALL YOU DO. I ONLY WISH WE LIVED CLOSER...SOMEDAY HOPEFULLY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAG, LOVE SNAIL!!

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

Happy 20th Birthday!

From the Manistee folk..
Love Terry and Debbie

Anonymous said...

MY DEAR MAG,
AS I READ THIS LIST THAT MOM WROTE,I AS WELL ECHO ALL THAT AND MY LIST WOULD AS WELL JUST CONTINUE.
I'AM AT WORK AND AS WELL FIND MYSELF BROUGHT TO TEARS..YOUR SERVANTS HEART IS WHAT STANDS OUT MOST TO ME, AND THE WAY YOU NEVER HAVE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION,JUST BEHIND THE SCENCES WAITING TO DO THE NEXT TASK AT HAND..ONE MEMOREY,YOU STAYING UP A FEW MINUTES LATER TO PUSH CRAZY AUNT JANE'S LEG'S DOWN BEFORE ALL 3 OF US RETIRED TO BED, BUT FIRST ASKING ME,"AUNT JANE ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT MY BED?"WOW!!!!TEARS,TEARS AND MORE TEARS..
I WANT YOU TO KNOW, IAM ONE REASON I CAN CONTINUE IN THIS WALK OF FAITH AND HOPE IN OUR SAVIOR IS ALL YOU EXAMPLED TO ME...I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAG, AND REMEMBER, GOD HEARS THE CRY OF OUR HEARTS, AND 'I KNOW THE VISION I HAD" AT (C.G.)AUNT JANE

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mag! You are such a great example to me and I love ya!!
Sleeping gas!...

The Dowling Clan said...

Happy Birthday Mag! I am so thankful for your friendship. Working together and getting to spend lots more time lately has been a blast. Thank you for your example of being a witness in this dark world. I love you so much!

Kate

Billie said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend and cousin Mag. I wish I was there to hug you and enjoy your birthday with you. You are an example to me in many ways. You have provoked me to serve others and to share the Gospel more. I am proud of you for the life you are living and for the way you have modeled Christ's love in all areas of your life. I hope to be closer to you one day so that my girlies can learn from you. I love you so much, Bila

The world of Michigan said...

Mag,
Waiting for some pic's of your PAR-TAA!!!!!
Can you get some up??
Aunt Fran

Kate Van said...

Mag, you truely are a gem. How grateful i am to see you serving in the church and laying your life down for others. The Lord chose the perfect person to bestowed such amazing gifts and talents. You are an example to me of a humble and grateful daughter of Christ- you lead by example not just words. Love you tons!

Billie said...

WHO IS FLABSTER?

Anonymous said...

Mag,
You are so cute! We sure do miss you. i can't wait to see you. How Is Va! U should come visit us in Atl soon. Love ya!
Caleb

Anonymous said...

Maggie, i feel so so so bad that i didn't call you on your birthday, but i had no idea that your birthday has been comin up so soon and u never ever mentioned a word about it! Anyways, i hope u can forgive me and accept my belated birthday wishes! You are a wonderful friend and i hope all your wishes come true! I'm gonna treat you to the movies next week!!!I'm glad that you enjoyed your birthday party, i'm sure you guys had a lot of fun! I'm gonna be back sunday night, I'll give u a call! Say hi to ur family...I love you and i miss you! MUAHHHH, Nadine