Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Daddy


Dad's birthday was this past Sunday. Happy 48th Dad!

Dad, we are so grateful for all you do for us! Thank you for working so hard to provide for us. Your zeal and excitement for every new day is contagious! You are the smartest person we know... Dad can fix anything or figure out the most efficient way of going about a task. Thanks for being the best basketball coach and the best boss ever! Thank you for leading our family in the Lord, for praying for us, for loving us, for being an example of what diligence and hard work looks like. Thank you for your continual joy! Thank you for setting the example of what a godly husband looks like, so that your sons can model after you and your daughters know what to look for in a man. Thanks for all the b-ball games in the front yard, and hide and go seek in the dark, and for allowing all the wear and tear on our house so that we can have our wild parties! Thanks for helping us go to college too!
We love you so much dad!!!!!
Happy Birthday

9 comments:

Sara said...

Happy be-lated b-day uncle JOe. I second everything Mag said. You provoke Aaron to raise our kids just like you guys did and are doing. Thanks for always opening your home to me and for making me one of the kids. I love you so much and am so grateful for you.

Sara

Billie said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Joe. I love you very much and I too am so grateful for you. Brian and I love your home and treasure spending time with you guys. Thanks for all the nights you have opened up your home for all of us. Life would not be the same without times spent with you and your family. We love you.

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday Joe fuss! Miss you!

Bek

Kate Van said...

You're the best boss in the WORLD!!
I honestly think you are one of the smartest and most humble people I know. You are always gracious when I botch something huge- eek! Thank you cheerful and thankful attitude!

natebauers said...

Happy belated Birthday Uncle Shmoe. Love you lots and I am very grateful for your love and friendship. Looking forward to chatting more about business type stuff when you come for Christmas. Love,
-Nate

Jane said...

Happy Birthday "Dad"
Joe every thing said so far about you I "Ditto". The many ways You have layed your life down for My Kids and Me!!!
Your example has played out in all my Childrens lives, and in mine!!!
Thank you for excepting me, and allowing me to be a part of your family!!
I love you so much Joe, and Happy B-lated Birthday!!
You still are as handsome as you were when i first met you!!
frannie

Kate Thomas. said...

Happy birthday "uncle" joe! I've always looked up to you and jenny. love you guys very much.

patrick said...

Happy Birthday Joe!

Keep praying the good stuff! See you soon!

Patrick

Lish said...

Happy be-lated Birthday Uncle Joe!48...Wowy-Zowy! I still think you are one of the most hottest uncles EVERY!! :) When I think of you, I truly see a man who walks out a life worthy of the gospel. I see the way that you have led your family,the way you provide,and most importantly the way you seek the Lord. I remember working for you and how your quiet time was always first on your list and the time you would have set aside for your family. But most importantly, I remember many of days you would be fasting to seek the lord and his will! You would work many long hours with practically no sleep, but cheerfully show up the next morning glorifying God for all he has done and provided! WOW! You are such an example to so many! I would also love listening to you talk and hear about all of your new ideas! Thank you for all you have done for me and the many times you have opened your home to me and loved me through it all. You are AWESOME! I love you so much Uncle Joe! Hope you had a great B-Day. YOU DESERVE IT!!!