Monday, September 24, 2007

Great Minds Think Alike!


This Sunday when Melissa, Coleman and I showed up for worship practice, we were all dressed alike... black shirts and gray pants!

When I was little, well actually not too long ago, I hated matching with anyone, especially my sister. My mom always dressed us like twins and people would even ask if we were (which is pretty funny because I was always a head taller then Mel!). Why did I hate it so much? What was wrong with matching my sister? It was my pride. I wanted to look different. I wanted to look better. I did not want my sister to copy me in what I wore...how dumb!

Sin makes us dumb. It blinds us. A few years ago I probably would have changed my clothes before leaving for church. How funny it is that we get tripped up on trivial things like this, but boy, that is what really goes on in my heart all the time. Through the Lord's conviction and my mom's guidance I was able kill this fleshly desire and learn to love matching with my best friend in the whole world!

Melissa and Coleman, I counted it a privilege to be able to match with you guys on Sunday! Thanks for being my friends.

15 comments:

Billie said...

How fun! You all looked so cute. And I am sure people thought you were matching for worship. hee hee

Coleman Elizabeth said...

Great post, Mag ; )
I counted it a privilege, as well, to match... i mean, what can i say? Our minds were just on the same track.. haha!
Love you girls so much, thanks for being my friends! <3

Sara said...

Great post. I miss you girls so much!!

Sara

Jane said...

Thanks Mag for being so open to the deception of your heart!
I need to continue to learn from your example!!!
I count it a privledge to read what God is doing in and through your life..
I miss you all so much, and please take a minute and write me an e-mail!!!
A.Jane

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts Mag. How kind of God to reveal our sinful hearts in the "littlest" of ways even it matching clothes! I love you girl! A. LInda

Kate Van said...

mag- i love you! i've always disliked matching too- yeah, the root of it's pride in my heard also. thanks for the encouragement and humility!

Kate Van said...

eek. heart . . . not heard!!?

Anonymous said...

So Mag, all those times when J'nelle and I wanted to match with you and Mel for school, church and celebration, you really didn't want to??? No, just kidding! It is so cool to see how, as we mature spiritually, the Lord reveals such silly yet distructing sin in our lives. The fact that you were able to see how not wanting to match with Mel was really a problem in your heart, not just a personal preference. I love you so much girl and always enjoy hangin' out with you and the girls when we get the chance. Love Jap

Kate Thomas. said...

Thats so funny! i used to hate matching too!
Love you guys, (its katie Thomas)

Amanda said...

Thanks for your post, Maggie. It really made me think. And you're right...sin does make us dumb. How wonderful then is the grace of Jesus to free us from sin's power!
Have a great week!

Nelly said...

hey! cute pic!
love nel

heather michelle said...

love the pic. you girls looked adorable. good post , Mag. God is doing great things in you, girlie. Love you!! Heather

Kate Van said...

ohhhhh gosh great blogg guys this is not katy

Jessica Rockey said...

So Funny! No complaining unless you have matching 'christmas jumpers'! Red and white plaid with little green christmas trees, complete with matching turtlenecks! I believe I was 16... Bek was 12, Reaghan 6 and don't forget my mom! Oh my gosh, my face is turning red just thinking about it!!! Not to mention... wearing them to christmas eve dinner at founders inn with my ballet teacher and her family (her 18 yr old son was totally crushin' on me at the time) I think the whole 'jumper episode' cured him of that!

My sister's and I still show up at church matching. Definitely confirming our great sense of style! We always high five and compliment each other endlessly... great for the self esteem!

Jessica Rockey said...

Oh dear, I just read everyones comments. PRIDE. Hmmmm. Yes, I suppose that plays a part in it. It's also a maturity thing too right? Usually the 'big sis' has to put up with it to include the little sis.

But for real... come on girls! Prideful or not... We must draw the line at the matching turtlenecks and jumpers!!!