Monday, August 11, 2008

my friends

Last week, Mon - Thur, I did a little basketball camp at church for our JV and Middle School teams. The first day I was already blessed with their bright smiles, good attitudes and overwhelming gratitude. I was provoked by their love for each other and encouragement of one another and impressed by the mature way they relate to adults. These girls know how to engage people better than me!

The love of Jesus truly shines through you all. I really admire you girls! Though you're younger, I consider you dear friends. Thank you for making the camp so fun!!!!

The last day they bought me Starbucks and a Target gift card. Thanks Lady Cougars :)

(Not pictured: Jess, Brianna, Rachel, Hannah)


And one more friend to note...

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY COUSIN KADE!!!

Love you so much Katie and hope you have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Kate Van said...

That looks like such a fun group! Glad you were able to serve them so well Mag! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for doing the camp Mag. I am so thankful that you did it because of how much you were encouraging us and because you made it so fun, even though we were all a bit sore. Thanks again, Mary

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun Mag and learned alot! Thank you so much! Hope we can do it next year. :) Emily

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Mag! We were all blessed by you giving up your time to do the camp. It was so fun and I learned a lot. Thanks a ton!

Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
I agree with all that Mary, Alyssa, and Emily said- It was so much fun and I so admire your eagerness to serve us and help us have a fun time. Thanks for making us feel like your friends- I love you and thank you again for doing it for us - Laura

Anonymous said...

Mag, that is so neat! What a perfect coach! I am sure those girls loved having Coach Vince! Love you so much! Me and Rach both agree that you should come (this month:) Love ya cuz, and please call soon Sabonis (can I have his card?)!
-Keek and Rach

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Smith, or Aunt Jenny,

this is Rachie and Camille Ellise...... We read your comment on Maggie's blog, and had to comment back, even though the comment wasnt for us :) We wish you were here! .... Hope you all come and visit soon!

Hope you had a good day at work
Love you,
Rachie and Camille
Happy Birthday Jo jo

Anonymous said...

and Maggie is here too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Mag, for setting aside your time for a week to do the basketball camp. I was truly blessed. I learned so much and had tons of fun working hard with you and the girls. I felt good to get back in shape, too. Thank you again. Love ya.
Beth