Friday, August 8, 2008

...18...18 years young...


Happy 18th Birthday Josiah James!!!!

Joey,
I don't even know where to start...thank you for being the best little brother anyone could ask for! Seeing you grow this past year (and I don't just mean physically :) has been so encouraging. I have noticed the way you look out for Mel and me, serve at home without being asked, and your obedience to Mom and Dad. Thank you for being our comic relief...I can't stop laughing when I'm around you! I love it when you come into our room right before bed and just won't stop talking! Though Mel and I get upset at first, we soon forget about being tired and ask you to sleep on our floor so we can keep talking and laughing. Your leadership among your friends is so apparent. They look up to you a lot. One thing I admire most about you is your desire to battle sin. Your tender heart and sensitivity toward your sin is something to be grateful for Joey! I can see that it has made the cross all the more dear to you.
I love you so much and I hope you have a wonderful Birthday, my little Martin Luther! You have finally passed me in height but you will always be my dear kid brother!!!
Mag

I had to post this one...yes, I was basically bald!


























Birthday Morning!!!
Josiah had to get up early this morning because he and Dad are driving up to Ohio with a bunch of other boys and dads so that tomorrow they can spend the day at Cedar Point! Luckies! So we made Joey a birthday breakfast before they headed out. Josh and Beau came over to eat too. (Relient K and Everyday Sunday music just for Joey)




PS:

You have to check out my cousins' post here....probably one of the best blog posts I have ever seen! Go Bones :)

7 comments:

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday Joey!

Anonymous said...

Great Post Mag! That was so sweet for ya'll to make him breakfast before he left- And happy Birthday Joey, hope you're having fun at Cedar Point - Laura

Anonymous said...

Great post Mag! Joey, I second everything Mag has said. Whenever I hear you talk and pray, your love for God and fear of Him is so evident!!! Not only that, your joy is contagious and you're so much fun to be around. It's no wonder you have SO many friends! I love you and Happy Birthday Jow-vee!!!
Hope yur havin a blast at Cedar :)
Deno

jess said...

Happy Birthday Joey from all of the Gapinski's......especially Blase. We love you and are provoked by your love for our Savior! You are a blessing and plus you were and are the cutest boy ever!!!!!!! I love you Joey! Great post Mag...tell Matt I say Hello.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Joey -- I cannot believe your 18! You are so cute and such a sweet boy. I miss you all so much - please come visit soon or maybe I can drive down for a long weekend. I miss you more than you will ever know.
Love,

Snail

mikey parsons said...

Happy Birthday, joe! I third and fourth what mag said, and I'll c u when you get back from cedar. mp

Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...

Mag, you couldn't have worded it better. Thanks Joe for the man of God you have become through your humble and teachable heart. I love to hear about the little things you do to serve Mel, in particular. Also, thanks for your funny jokes... you can always make me laugh. Jacquelyn

p.s. can't wait to jump on the new tramp