Friday, January 23, 2009

Goodbye for a little while

On January 12 my dear grandma, Magdalene Smith, went home to be with the Lord.  I am honored to be named after such a wonderful woman.  She served her husband and 6 children faithfully, and always with a smile.  We love you and miss you Grandma!  We know that you may be doing a polka with Grandpa right now, but what is even more precious, you are with the saviour face to face! 


Grandma and me last summer



Grandma was on the dance floor almost the whole night at Jord and Nel's wedding.  When I was little I use to love to sit and watch Grandma and Grandpa dance. I especially liked to watch her high heels kick up during a polka :)

My dad is a great dancer and he always attributes it to his mom!

We headed to snowy Gaylord, Michigan for Grandma's funeral.  We were all so grateful to be able to make the trip. 

The Grandkids and Great Grandkids



The six siblings: Dad, Aunt Mary Beth, Uncle Jim, Uncle Bill, Aunt Fran and Uncle Tom


Aunt Mary Beth and Aunt Jane

Playing cards


There was so much snow when we got to Gaylord!  We stayed at Aunt Jane and Uncle Dave's cozy home.  The boys put on Uncle Dave's snow gear when we arrived at midnight, to head out into the below zero weather!





So goodbye for a little while Grandma...we'll meet again...in a better land...

4 comments:

jess said...

I love this page! How sweet. I forgot how cute your Grandpa was. I bet they are so happy to be together worshiping the Savior! How sweet it is. I love you and I am thankful for the long life your Grandma lived. I love you all and am forever missing my Aunt Jenny, Uncle Joe, my Jordie, Maggie Mella, and Joey!

Jane said...

Wonderful post Mag! Your Grandma was a saint. How sweet it is for her to now be with Jesus, and He true love (Grandpa Jim) The pics are great, and wow its still cold!!!

Anonymous said...

Mag, What a special tribute to your Grandma and your Dad's family. Thanks for capturing the week up north for us. Your Grandma is rejoicing completely in the face of Our Savior! Love you A Lin

Very Nice said...

Hi Everytbody, Great job with all your pics exspecially MOM, she is a wonderful person. By the way "Happy Birthday Jordy." Love you all. Uncle Jim